There has been a spate of fires in mushroom premises over the past year or so, and especially in the Monaghan area. Marley Compost is the latest place to be visited by the firebug. The fire started in a compost garage and spread to the office area at the yard. Luckily no one was injured in the fire and fire tenders were quickly on the scene, which kept the damage level down. None of the production area in the compost yard was affected, which must have brought a huge sigh of relief from owner Bernard Connolly. However cleaning up after the event and getting things back to normal is never a cinch. Stalker is sure though that the Marley office was back at normal functioning level in no time at all.