There was tragic news this morning of a fatal accident on a mushroom farm in Monaghan last night.
A garda spokesman said: “One man has died and two others were taken to hospital following an incident at a mushroom processing plant in Monaghan. At approximately 8.00pm on September 13 2017, emergency services received a call about three men in their 20s suffering from breathing difficulties at a mushroom processing plant at Cornacrieve, Emyvale, Monaghan.
On arrival emergency services found three men unconscious in a silo at the plant.
“One man was pronounced dead at the scene and two others have been removed to Cavan General Hospital. “The area is sealed off pending a technical examination by Garda Crime Scene Examiners, The Health and Safety Authority have been notified and are expected at the scene this morning.”